This week Ivy Vahanian joins Maggie and Anna to discuss Ayad Akhtar’s “Disgraced“, which is coming to Santa Barbara next week. Ivy also tells us about her experiences performing the play in China. And, of course, To Lear or not to Lear, that is, once again, the question.
Tell us about your upcoming shows and news! Our listenership is growing and we invite the local theatre community to join in the discussion. If you’re interested in being a guest on an upcoming episode, or if you have suggestions for topics, please contact us!
- Upcoming Shows
- The Producing Unit presents “Disgraced” by Ayad Akhtar, at Center Stage. September 28 – October 1.
- Ensemble Theatre presents Woody Allen’s “Husbands and Wives” adapted by Jonathan Fox, at the New Vic. October 5 – 22.
- The Theatre Group at SBCC presents, “One Man, Two Guvnors” by Richard Bean, at the Garvin Theatre. October 13 – 28.
- Dogstar presents, “The Foreigner” by Larry Shue, at Center Stage. October 20 – 22.
- Westmont presents, “The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui” by Bertolt Brecht, at the Porter Theatre. October 21 – 27.
- Out of the Box presents, “The Rocky Horror Show” by Richard O’Brien, at Center Stage. October 31 – November 4.
- Naked Shakes presents, “King Lear” by William Shakespeare at UCSB Performing Arts Center. Dates to be determined.